Jonnie Peacock is the latest celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Jonnie Peacock is the latest celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 pm

He was in the dance-off against Debbie McGee

Paralympic athlete Jonnie Peacock has become the eighth person to leave Strictly Come Dancing in tonight's (November 19) show.

After Jonnie and his partner Oti Mabuse survived the dance-off last week against Ruth Langsford, they found themselves back in the bottom two in Blackpool, where this time they were fighting against Debbie McGee and her partner Giovanni Pernice for a place in the competition.

Both Jonnie and Oti and Debbie and Giovanni performed their routines once again, and it was down to the judges to choose who to take forward and who would be eliminated from the series.

Unfortunately for Jonnie and Oti though, all four judges opted to save Debbie and Giovanni.

"It's very difficult because both couples made such improvements tonight but the couple I would like to save just on giving a technically more competent performance is Debbie and Giovanni," Darcey Bussell said.

Bruno added: "Let me say, they both did great jobs, great performances, very different, very effective but I have to save the couple who I think overall is much stronger and for that reason I save Debbie and Giovanni."

Jonnie is the first contestant with a disability to take part in the competition – something he touched on as he reflected on his time in the show and thanked the judges for treating him as an equal.

"I think it's been an absolute honour to be the first disabled person and I want to thank each and every one of you for judging me as an equal. That's what I want," he said.

"You've been critical with me and I want that criticism; and I think that's fantastic and hope it paves the way for more people to come through and I think they may be able to stick their bum under a bit better than me."

He went on to thank his partner Oti, who in turn said: "This has been one of the most life changing things that could ever happen to me. Jonnie is not only an inspiration but he represents so much more.

"If anybody wants to do anything, if you put your mind to it then you can achieve it and that's what he represents."

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday (November 25) at 6.45pm.

"Celebrity"? :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)