Ruth Langsford becomes the seventh celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Ruth Langsford becomes the seventh celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:59 pm

She faced off against Jonnie Peacock in this week's dance-off

This Morning host Ruth Langsford became the seventh celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing in tonight's (November 12) results show.

Ruth and dance partner Anton Du Beke ended up at the bottom of the leaderboard after last night's show and, when the viewers' votes were combined with the judges' scores, Ruth and Anton went up against Jonnie Peacock and dancer partner Oti Mabuse in the dance-off.

Both couples then performed their routines again, with Ruth and Anton doing their Foxtrot to 'Mack the Knife' and Jonnie and Oti doing their Foxtrot to 'Someone Like You' and then the judges delivered their verdicts.

And, unfortunately for Ruth, all the judges decided to save Jonnie and Oti.

Craig Revel Horwood called Jonnie and Oti's performance "the better dance", while Darcey Bussell said Jonnie and Oti had a higher level of difficulty and made no mistakes in the dance-off.

"I would like to save the couple, that for me I think improved, was cleaner and it was more emotionally moving, for that reason I save Jonnie and Oti," Bruno added, while head judge Shirley Ballas agreed with her fellow judges.

The judges' decision means that Ruth will just miss out on the infamous Strictly Blackpool week as the remaining eight couples will all perform in the world famous Blackpool Tower Ballroom next week, and Ruth said that she's disappointed that partner Anton will miss out on the night.

"I'm disappointed for Anton because he should be going to Blackpool," Ruth said afterwards. "He's made this whole thing so much fun, I've absolutely loved it, even the judges' comments, even Craig's – he knows I love him really!

"All those wonderful people up there, they all deserve to be going to Blackpool. And you Anton Du Beke, are just the most fabulous man, so funny and you are a beautiful dancer and I hope we will be friends for a very long time."

Anton also revealed that he was feeling a bit emotional at their elimination from the series, calling it one of the "most difficult" he's been through.

"It's a funny old thing this, getting voted off Strictly Come Dancing, it never gets any easier and this is, by far the most difficult. I feel a bit emotional and I don't know why," he said.

"The thing that upsets me the most is not being able to spend all the time that we do together, you are beyond the most joyous person I've ever met, I've enjoyed every second of it.

"The time we spent in the studio together rehearsing and laughing. The moment you jumped on me and wrapped your legs around my hips to the moment where we basically laid on the floor. You are amazing and I love you."

Tonight's show also featured a Remembrance Day performance by the Strictly professional dancers and the RAF Spitfires Choir, as well as a musical performance from singer songwriter, Seal.

Strictly Come Dancing continues with Blackpool Week next Saturday (November 18) at 6.45pm.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)