Aston Merrygold in shock exit from Strictly Come Dancing

Aston Merrygold in shock exit from Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:51 pm

No one saw this coming

Aston Merrygold has become the sixth celebrity to leave this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

In a shock dance off, former JLS star Aston and his partner Janette Manrara found themselves up against Mollie King and AJ Pritchard after both couples scored relatively lowly in last night's show.

Despite Aston being second favourite to win behind Alexandra Burke just last week, his dance this week scored him a surprising 4 from Craig, and left him second-from-bottom on the leaderboard.

After the dance off, the judges were divided as to who deserved to be saved to dance another week, and who should be sent home.

Craig chose to save Mollie and AJ, calling them the better dancers of the evening, while Darcey and Bruno both voted to save Aston and Janette.

"I so wish I didn't have to choose between these two wonderful couples I so enjoyed their performances and both of them improved their game," Darcey said.

Bruno also echoed the thought, adding: "I want you both to stay! If it was up to me I would keep you both because you're both wonderful, both much improved."

This means that the final, deciding vote went to head judge Shirley Ballas.

"A very difficult choice, two fantastic couples and it's very difficult to do," Shirley said. "On technical accuracy, beautiful flow and full engagement during the dance, I'm saving Mollie and AJ."

It was a shocking result, both for the celebrities remaining in the competition and the viewers at home – but Aston, of course, was very good natured about the whole thing.

"Honestly, every second of this, I've had friends who have done the show before and they've gone, 'You're going to have the most amount of fun from start to finish whatever it is,' and honestly they weren't lying!" he said.

"Everything, from this lady to every single person in here, these four judges, yourself, Claudia, all you amazing lot up there that I get to see and spend so much time with. I've made some amazing friends and honestly I've had the best time, it's been amazing."

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday (November 11) on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)