Alexandra Burke gives 'best Cha Cha this season' on Strictly Come Dancing

Alexandra Burke gives 'best Cha Cha this season' on Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:06 pm

And she got a fair few 10s, too

Tonight's (November 4) Strictly Come Dancing got off to a stunning start thanks to series favourite Alexandra Burke.

It's not easy to kick off a show, but the former X Factor star and partner Gorka Marquez managed to wow the judges with their Cha Cha to 'I Got the Music in Me' by Marcia Hines.

The star's dance was called the "best Cha Cha this season" by judge Bruno Tonioli, who added: "You are the Cha Cha goddess. I love the way she started, it was all the beauty and sex appeal of Naomi Campbell. Then it was like Beyonce in full flight."

"I don't know where to start," head judge Shirley Ballas added. "What a way to start the show.

"Cha Cha has proved to be a difficult dance this series, but you made it look easy. You put the cheeky right in Cha Cha Cha."

Craig Revel Horwood said he "loved it" (high praise indeed from him), while Darcey Bussell called Alexandra "the dancing queen". That's some serious praise.

And it was enough to earn them 10s from Shirley, Darcey and Bruno, and a nine from Craig, taking their total to an almost perfect score of 39.

But while it was all seamless on the dancefloor tonight, Alexandra and Gorka recently revealed that they actually shout at each other in training for the show, the latter explaining: "She shouts more to me than I shout at her. She brings the beast out of me."

"He's scared of me," Alexandra then joked of their relationship behind-the-scenes. "There was one time that he stopped mid-dance and I shouted and I screamed at him saying, 'You are meant to be a pro, don't ever stop'. He was like, 'Woah, OK girl. I will never stop again'."

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)