Simon Rimmer is the fifth celebrity to depart Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Simon Rimmer is the fifth celebrity to depart Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:23 pm

"It has been the most amazing experience ever"

Simon Rimmer has become the fifth celebrity to leave this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Sunday Brunch host and his partner Karen Clifton found themselves in the bottom two for the second week running tonight (October 29) but when the couple were pitted against Mollie King and AJ Pritchard in the dance off, the judges ultimately voted to send him home.

All four of the judges opted to save Mollie after tonight's dance off, with Darcey Bussell calling Mollie and AJ's performance "more competent", while Craig Revel Horwood said they simply "danced better" than Simon and Karen.

Considering Simon seemed to have hinted that he'd left the series during this week's Sunday Brunch, his elimination tonight may not have been the most surprising outcome, but we'll miss you (and your Buzz Lightyear outfit) all the same, Simon.

"Do you know it has been the most amazing experience ever, you know, from the minute I walked in through the door," he said afterwards.

"The Strictly experience is just so positive, every single person involved in it is so positive. And like, all of that lot up there, all the rest of the class of 2017, are just magnificent people. All the pro dancers are amazing.

"When I danced the Waltz to 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and it touched people, I will never ever forget that; our Charleston last week was a giggle, it was brilliant. Every person who has come up and said hello and thank you messages has been brilliant."

He also paid an extra thank you to his professional dance partner Karen, adding she'd been amazing.

"But the biggest thank you obviously is to Karen who has just been amazing," he said.

"[She] has convinced this lumbering 54 year-old bloke that I could stand-up on a Saturday night and dance in front of millions of people and she has become you know, a proper friend not just to me but to all my family and for that I can't thank you enough."

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday (November 4) on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)