Brian Conley is the fourth celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing

Brian Conley is the fourth celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:36 pm

He's out after going up against Simon Rimmer in the dance-off

Brian Conley has become the fourth celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing tonight (October 22).

The comedian and presenter, alongside his partner Amy Dowden, ended up in the dance-off with Sunday Brunch host Simon Rimmer having come third from last in last night's show.

Simon and his partner Karen Clifton performed their Charleston to 'Fit as a Fiddle' (and Ready for Love) by Gene Kelly again, before Brian and Amy took to the floor to reprise their Jive to Tom Jones's 'It's Not Unusual'.

When the time came for the judges to give their verdicts, Craig Revel Horwood chose to save Simon and Karen, although he pointed out that "both couples actually made mistakes".

Darcey Bussell also decided to save Simon and Karen, although she admitted: "It's not easy at all to choose between them".

But ultimately she chose to save "the person who had a more finished performance which was Simon and Karen."

Head Judge Shirley Ballas agreed with her fellow judges and said she too would have saved Simon and Karen.

Bruno Tonioli was absent this week, meaning only three judges voted, but he will return for next week's show.

Brian told host Tess Daly that he "loved everything" about being on Strictly.

"It's one of the greatest shows, it's a family show," he said.

"And you know what, there has been someone by my side all the way through this journey who has been just there every moment and that is... Aston! I love him and I am really going to miss him."

Brian was also full of praise for his partner Amy, saying: "I love this lady and I want her to be on this show for ever and ever because I want everyone out there to know how special this lady is because she is a star and I love her to bits."

Amy added that she'd loved working with Brian, saying: "I have had the most amazing time, I've got not just Brian but his entire family as friends for life and thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Tonight's results show also featured a musical performance from Irish band The Script.

The remaining 11 couples will be back on the dance floor next week for Strictly's spooky Halloween special.

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday, October 28 on BBC One, with the results show following on Sunday, October 29.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)