Charlotte Hawkins is the third celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Charlotte Hawkins is the third celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:12 pm

"It's been brilliant from start to finish."

Charlotte Hawkins has become the third celebrity to leave this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Good Morning Britain presenter ranked in the bottom two alongside EastEnders actor Davood Ghadami, who was saved unanimously by the judges in the dance-off.

Thus sending Charlotte and her partner Brendan Cole home.

"I've had an amazing time, such an amazing time, it's been brilliant from start to finish, it really has been," Charlotte said.

"A huge thank you to Brendan who has just been fantastic, we've had such a great time going through all the dances, you've always been there for me, getting my back, there with the support.

"A big thank you to everyone that voted. I had so much support from friends, colleagues, online, it's been amazing and I loved the chance to come out here and dance.

"I was trying to get better, I'm going out knowing that I gave it my best and that's all you can do."

"Quite often you stand in this position and you go, 'Hey, it was our time to go' and perhaps today it was our time to go," added Brendan.

"Not often you stand here with such sadness and go 'I'm going to miss this and I'm going to miss hanging out with this girl.'

"I'm going to miss dancing with her, I've had one of the best Strictlys in 15 years and it's hard for me to even say that and I feel really emotional."

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday (October 21) on BBC One.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Charlotte Hawkins is the third celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Postby dutchman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Strictly Come Dancing's Brendan Cole sounds off on "devastating" elimination

Strictly Come Dancing's Brendan Cole had admitted to feeling 'devastated' about his early elimination from the BBC dancing show.

The outspoken professional dancer and his partner Charlotte Hawkins were voted off on Sunday's results show, after a dance-off with Davood Ghadami and his partner Nadiya Bychkova.

After Charlotte fought back tears while looking back on her departure during Monday's Good Morning Britain, Brendan was also surprisingly emotional during the couple's appearance on Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two later in the day.

"When [your time] comes to an early end, it's devastating," Brendan admitted. "We've both been very emotional the last couple of days. I haven't had too many relationships on the show that have been really just fun.

"I've had some great times on the show over 15 years, that's what I said at the results show. It's like, I've just had a ball and don't really want to not go to training tomorrow.

"It's great to have family life, like. I'll see my daughter a little bit more, and my wife. But I'll miss going to the studio and dancing, and spending time with Charlotte."

Brendan has been a near-constant source of controversy in the series thus far, having clashed with head judge Shirley Ballas two weeks in a row over her critiques of Charlotte's dancing.

Now that their time on the show is over, Charlotte took one last chance to thank Brendan for continuously standing up for her against the judges.

"I'm going to really miss him," Charlotte said. "We had such an amazing time in training. He was always there for me. He was there to defend me. He had my back the whole way through."

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday (October 21) at 6.35pm on BBC One, with another couple leaving on Sunday (October 22) at 7.15pm.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)