Strictly's Alexandra Burke wows judges with incredible jive...

Strictly's Alexandra Burke wows judges with incredible jive...

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:58 am

"I wish my mum was here"

We know Alexandra Burke has a pretty powerful singing voice, but it seems she has seriously incredible moves on the dancefloor too.

The 2008 X Factor champion has been impressing everyone on Strictly Come Dancing over the last few weeks with her beautiful routines, and on tonight's (October 14) show, she blew everyone away and nabbed three 10s from the judges – the first top scores of the 2017 series so far.

But it was also an emotional moment for Alexandra, who, after the scores had come in, broke down in tears and was comforted by Claudia Winkleman as she remembered her late mother Melissa Bell, who passed away at the end of August.

"I wish my mum was here," Alex told Claudia as she asked if she was alright, then giving her a big hug.

"I know. I know, baby," Claudia said as Alexandra's professional dance partner Gorka Marquez gave her a hug, too."I know. Baby, you did so well, and you have done her proud. We will get you to your boyfriend and your brother, OK?"

Alexandra had performed a rather energetic jive to the Tina Turner's classic 'Proud Mary' with Gorka and she seemed pretty flawless – so much so, the judges didn't even comment on any technicalities or footwork.

Craig Revel Horwood told her: "I have no idea where that came from. You were out there dancing to split the atom. My goodness, you created a nuclear reaction."

And Shirley Ballas was equally as stunned, telling her: "I don't know about 'Proud Mary', but I'm Proud Shirley. You were amazing. You've left me speechless."

Darcey Bussell told Alexandra that she even gave the smallest movements her all, and was impressed she could keep up with Gorka.

Bruno Tonioli rounded it off by telling Alexandra that Tina would have enjoyed the routine.

"I've had the honour to work with Tina Turner, and she is more than an artist. She is a force of nature. Tonight you really captured that quality, and I'm sure she would have loved it."

High praise indeed – and 39 points out of 40 is pretty good for week four, isn't it?

We'll find out who the third couple to leave the Strictly dancefloor is in Sunday's (October 15) results show at 7.15pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)