Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood explains why he downgraded Debbie McGee's quickstep

Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood explains why he downgraded Debbie McGee's quickstep

Postby dutchman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:25 am

The 10-second rule is to blame

Strictly Come Dancing's Craig Revel Horwood is clarifying why he downgraded Debbie McGee after her fabulous quickstep during Movies Week.

Debbie and her professional partner Giovanni Pernice electrified the live crowd and the viewers at home on Saturday (October 7), but were penalised points and received only middling scores because they apparently violated the '10-second rule'.

This obscure guideline requires the celebrities and their partners to spend no longer than 10 seconds dancing solo away from one another during any given performance.

Craig Revel Horwood stood by the little-known rule while being interviewed by Zoë Ball on Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two on Monday (October 9).

"It is a rule," he insisted. "Everyone should know! People have been taking advantage of it in recent weeks and we have let some go, to be honest, because of the music.

"If the music slows down and it can't be quickstepped to, then you can do a little American Smooth. I make leeway for that, but [her routine]... that was just way too long and it is about time we told everyone at home about this rule that everyone has been breaking."

However, Craig remains quite impressed with the ways in which Debbie has developed week-on-week in the competition thus far.

"She is fantastic! She is amazing and I loved the routine, but I didn't create the rules," he explained.

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday (October 14) at 6.45pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)