Reverend Richard Coles is the second celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Reverend Richard Coles is the second celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:22 pm

"It's been completely joyous"

TV and radio personality Reverend Richard Coles has become the second celebrity to be eliminated from this year's Strictly Come Dancing, leaving the competition tonight (October 8).

Reverend Richard found himself in the dance-off against Sunday Brunch host Simon Rimmer, after he finished at the bottom of the leaderboard at the end of last night's movies themed live show, with a score of 14.

Performing the Paso Doble to 'Flash Gordon' once again, Reverend Richard and his professional partner Dianne Buswell were commended for improving on their routine, but were not chosen to be saved by any of the judges.

"I love the entertainment value of one couple, I really have to save the couple that are technically better and that's Simon and Karen," judge Craig Revel-Horwood said, a sentiment that was echoed by the rest of the judges.

"It's been a joy," Reverend Richard said, reflecting on his time on the show. "It's been completely joyous. I only forgot to reckon into my strategy that I can't actually dance!"

"I have had the time of my life and he is a friend for life," professional partner Dianne added.

13 celebrities remain following Reverend Richard's elimination, returning to the Strictly dance floor next week to continue competing for the Glitter Ball Trophy.

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday, October 14 on BBC One, with the results show following on Sunday, October 15.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)