Chizzy Akudolu is the first celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Chizzy Akudolu is the first celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:17 pm

"Thank you to everyone who has supported me."

Holby City star Chizzy Akudolu has become the first celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing 2017 tonight (October 1)

Alongside her professional dance partner Pasha Kovalev, the Holby City actress found herself facing off against Brian Conley and Amy Dowden in this series' first dance-off, and once again performed her Foxtrot to Peggy Lee's 'I'm a Woman'.

Despite Craig Revel-Horwood choosing to save Chizzy at the end of the dance-off, saying he loved watching Chizzy and Pasha on the dance floor more than Brian and Amy, ultimately the rest of the judges chose to save Brian and Amy – meaning Chizzy was the one who was sent home at the end of the show.

"Thank you to everyone who has supported me," Chizzy said, who struggled to speak as she shed tears.

"And this guy… this dude, I have loved every minute dancing with him and it will continue because I will just be going round his house to dance now.

"But I don't have his address so if anyone could email me I would appreciate it! And thank you to the judges for the constructive criticism which I will take on board. Thank you."

And it seemed Pasha was just as happy to keep dancing with the actress, too.

"You were so much fun to work with, all the laughs we had together, all the great dancing we did together," he added. "I absolutely enjoyed every single second of it and fine, come over to my house!"

Chizzy's elimination leaves 14 celebrities and their professional dance partners to return next week for a spectacular Movie Week – and if there's not a La La Land number in there, we'll eat our ballroom shoes...

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday, October 7 on BBC One, with the results sho following on Sunday, October 8.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)