Strictly Come Dancing's Aston Merrygold wows with incredible salsa lift sequence

Strictly Come Dancing's Aston Merrygold wows with incredible salsa lift sequence

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:35 am

"I loved it, loved it and loved it some more!"

It looks like this year's Strictly Come Dancing has just found the couple to beat after former JLS singer Aston Merrygold and his pro partner Janette Manrara absolutely smashing their salsa.

Dancing to song of the summer, 'Despacito (Remix)' by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber, the couple performed a complex lift sequence that had the judges very impressed.

It was so full of lifts that it looked like Janette was in the air more than she was on the floor - and it was all a bit terrifying (though super impressive) to watch.

He also managed not to drop her this time, which was definitely an improvement on rehearsals.

Judge Bruno Tonioli was clambering on his desk almost straight away telling them his "eyes were on stalks" after seeing the routine.

"I've never seen such a difficult sequence of lifts in a salsa ever before," he said, though adding he noticed a few wobbles toward the end which meant he couldn't give them a perfect score.

"A smidgen from perfection," he then said before awarding them a nine.

Darcey Bussell added that she "got nervous", but the choreography detail was "amazing" and scored them an eight.

Craig Revel Horwood (as ever!) had a list of things that he didn't like, but he was impressed overall and gave them a seven: "It was a lesson in isolation, it had rhythm, it had timing and it was an amazing performance."

Latin Queen and new judge Shirley Ballas was very impressed: "I loved it, loved it and loved it some more!" she said, awarding them an eight.

We reckon Aston's safe for another week, but we'll find out who leaves the dance floor in Sunday's (October 1) results show at 7.15pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)