Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! star has been diagnosed with blood cancer

Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! star has been diagnosed with blood cancer

Postby dutchman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 pm

Fans and co-workers are helping him find a bone marrow transplant

One of the stars of Channel 5's Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! has revealed he has been diagnosed with blood cancer.

55-year old Delroy Anglin, one of the team of bailiffs on the show, spoke to the Croydon Advertiser about his diagnosis, stating:

"You feel as if someone has pronounced a death sentence. Life changed in an instant.

"When they tell you, you're just hoping someone has made a mistake, but they haven't.

"At the end of the day, unless somebody says differently - I'm terminal."

The publication explains that Delroy has a form of leukaemia that affects the balance of white and red blood cells, and has been undergoing chemotherapy in hospital.

He needs a bone marrow transplant, and friends, co-workers and family have been using social media to try and find a donor.

"I have had so much support, from everyone including complete strangers," Delroy continued.

"I'm Croydon born and bred, I know everyone. And being on telly – I still don't know how that happened – that gives me an opportunity to raise awareness.

"Hopefully we can encourage more people to become donors, because if I'm honest, even I didn't know anything about this issue."

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! star has been diagnosed with blood cancer

Postby rebbonk » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:25 pm

That's a real bummer, he seems a decent guy.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! star has been diagnosed with blood cancer

Postby dutchman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:29 pm

Yeah, one of my favourite characters from one of my favourite shows. I'm sure the rest of the gang will rally around him.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)