X Factor stars wanted as hit show prepares to visit Coventry later this month

X Factor stars wanted as hit show prepares to visit Coventry later this month

Postby dutchman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Aspiring singers can take their first step in fulfilling a childhood dream later this month at The X Factor auditions in West Orchards

The hit ITV show is currently touring the UK in search of the next star, and Coventry will host judges on Thursday, April 27, at The Loft on level three of West Orchards between 10am and 6pm.

Stars including Matt Terry, Louisa Johnson, One Direction, Little Mix and Olly Murs have all previously graduated from the show.

Host Dermot O’Leary said: “Last year was a fantastic year for the show and now we’re about the kick start the auditions for this year’s show.

“We found some incredible talent and voices last year, and now it could be your turn.

“Just one audition could change your life.”

Though everyone who turns up will be guaranteed and audition, acts are advised to turn up early before performing.

Should singers impress The X Factor team with their vocals, they will then be in with a chance of auditioning in front of The X Factor judges later this year.

Former contestants One Direction have sold more than 70 million records worldwide while Olly Murs has released four multi-platinum albums.

In 2016, three of the four British lead acts to chart at No.1 in the UK singles chart were discovered by The X Factor – Zayn, James Arthur and Little Mix.

Last year’s winner Matt Terry is currently working on his debut album, after his charity winner’s single When Christmas Come Around debuted at No. 3 in the Official UK Charts.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: X Factor stars wanted as hit show prepares to visit Coventry later this month

Postby dutchman » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:06 pm

X Factor hopefuls sang their hearts out at Coventry auditions

Has the winner of this year’s X Factor already been found in Coventry?

The producers of the reality TV show were in town today as budding singers made their first hopeful steps towards winning the ITV extravaganza and that all-important recording contract.

After a slow start, the hopefuls started to arrive at West Orchards shopping centre with ages ranging from teenagers to those still young at heart in their 60s.

Among them was 28-year-old mum Sheridan French who said she had been dragged along to tryout by her children.

But judging by the fact that those running the rule over the singers asked her to belt out a total of three songs, it seems she was being quite modest.

Another who came out shining was Tracey Shield, who was born in Coventry but now lives in Ascot.

The professional singer said that the X Factor could “further my career” so decided to give it a go while visiting family.

Afterwards she said: “I really can’t say how it went. I can be buzzing to sing in front of hundreds of people but singing in front of them two, my knees were trembling.

“I did The Voice last year and left thinking I did well and felt buzzing and didn’t get through. It was a good experience though.”

Also feeling a bit nervous beforehand was 17-year-old Tommy Webb who was hoping his version of Nickelback’s Lullaby was enough to earn him rave reviews.

He had been practising throughout the day in front of his classmates at sixth form and said: “I’ve been singing my whole life but always just for friends and family, so I saw there was a chance and thought I would take it.”

“I was slightly nervous when I first went in, but as you only get one opportunity the excitement takes over the nerves.”

One of the highlights of the day was the performance of 61-year-old John McGowan from Holbrooks.

His rendition of Lonnie Donegan’s My Old Man’s a Dustman made the sure the Coventry Male Voice Choir member stood out from the crowd.

Before his audition, John said: “I picked that song to just cheer them up. I haven’t auditioned before. I had a brain haemorrhage in 1995, and it changed my life.

“Now I’m still rocking and thought why not. I could get on TV! I’m not nervous at all.”

All the hopefuls will find out over the coming weeks whether or not they have been chosen for the next round.

The X Factor producers making the all important decisions today were Hannah and Joe - and they were more than impressed with what Coventry had to offer.

Hannah said: “The quality of singers has been really good.

“People have come in dribs and drabs - but we have got a big producer tour in Birmingham so a lot of people from Coventry will come to that.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)