Mother and daughter team sing and dance their way through hit CBBC programme 'Got What It Takes?'

Mother and daughter team sing and dance their way through hit CBBC programme 'Got What It Takes?'

Postby dutchman » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 am

Singing isn’t the only item on the agenda for a mother and daughter team who will feature on CBBC Programme ‘Got What It Takes?’ next week.

Debbie Nash and her daughter Kellimarie Willis will be aiming for gold as they take part in the unique gameshow which airs every Tuesday night from 4.55pm.

Hosted by Lauren Platt, the show sees the younger member of family sing while parents take part in a host of crazy challenges.

This year is the second series of the popular TV show – and the Ryton-on-Dunsmore pair will need every bit of support possible when it comes to the public vote at the end of the series.

Speaking to The Observer, mum Debbie said her musical background has had an influence on Kellimarie’s passion for singing.

She added: “I’ve been singing for years so Kellimarie has grown up with music all around her.

“She used to watch Hannah Montana when she was young and that inspired her to start playing the guitar – now she goes to a musical theatre group in Coventry so it’s all systems go right now.”

Kellimarie now not only sings, but also writes her own songs – and later this year will release her debut EP at a special launch night.

The 14-year-old plans to release the EP at the end of March, a time when ‘Got What It Takes?’ will be nearing an end.

Debbie said: “She started watching a programme called Nashville with me and then started writing and singing her own songs which are far above her year.

“The show is a bit out of the ordinary as each team has two members – the youngster and a parent.

“It was quite an experience for me as I hadn’t done any physical challenges in years and I found myself taking part in mud-runs, obstacle course racing and all different types of wacky challenges.

“If Kellimarie won a challenge then I wouldn’t have to complete my challenge – she did manage to win a couple but I didn’t manage to escape lightly.”

With a couple of episodes still to film, both Kellimarie and Debbie need the support of the Rugby public if they are to win the show in ten weeks time.

However it’s not all about winning for the pair, as Kellimarie explained she has made some great friends from taking part in the show – which prompted her to write her latest single ‘Under The Same Stars’.

Debbie said: “The show is great and gets Kellimarie involved in music industry challenges, but we need further support as the finals are coming up and the all important public vote.

“She’s had the chance of meeting some fantastic people from all over the country and has made some great friends as a result.

“Kellimarie has to sing covers of songs during the show but her real talent is songwriting – I’m very proud of everything she is achieving.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)