Jeremy Kyle: 'Corrie sketch is brilliant'

Jeremy Kyle: 'Corrie sketch is brilliant'

Postby dutchman » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Jeremy Kyle has revealed that he was thrilled to get the opportunity to film a Coronation Street sketch for his talk show.
The 1,000th edition of Kyle's ITV1 programme will air tomorrow and feature a special appearance from Jack P. Shepherd, Michelle Keegan and Ben Price in character as Weatherfield trio David Platt, Tina McIntyre and Nick Tilsley.

David will be seen accusing half-brother Nick of sleeping with his ex in the unscripted dispute, which will also feature Graeme Proctor (Craig Gazey) giving his opinion from the audience.

Speaking on This Morning about the sketch, Kyle explained today: "[My producers] know that I'm a massive Corrie fan. It's the only thing I really watch. I Sky+ it and I watch it on Sunday night and I'm the biggest, biggest Corrie fan."

He continued: "It [lasted] about 15 minutes and all I can tell you is that there's a lie detector and it's genuinely real. It's brilliant, it's fantastic. They stayed in character the whole time and for me, it was everything I could ever have dreamt of."

The landmark edition of The Jeremy Kyle Show will air tomorrow at 9.25am on ITV1.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Jeremy Kyle: 'Corrie sketch is brilliant'

Postby pollyanna » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:52 pm

This is a programme I never watch - but may just be tempted to watch this one as I'm a massive Corrie fan :D
pollyanna

Postby rebbonk » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:18 pm

I have never watched Jeremy Kyle. In fact I hadn't even heard of him until a couple of months back. I rarely watch Corrie. I think it lost its way when Ena Sharples died.

Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:04 pm

rebbonk wrote:I have never watched Jeremy Kyle. In fact I hadn't even heard of him until a couple of months back. I rarely watch Corrie. I think it lost its way when Ena Sharples died.
Ena is dead? :shock:

What about Minnie Cauldwell?
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby pollyanna » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:04 pm

dutchman wrote:
rebbonk wrote:I have never watched Jeremy Kyle. In fact I hadn't even heard of him until a couple of months back. I rarely watch Corrie. I think it lost its way when Ena Sharples died.
Ena is dead? :shock:

What about Minnie Cauldwell?

Don't forget Martha Longhurst :)
pollyanna

Postby rebbonk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 am

Here we are, the 3 old biddies together.

What a formidable team they made. I reckon they even beat Norah Batty and her crones.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby pollyanna » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 am

They were brilliant - completely irreplaceable characters. You don't see the likes of these characters in pubs today - putting the world to rights over a glass of milk stout in the 'snug'. RIP ladies. :cheers:
pollyanna

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)