Vinnie Jones: 'Public didn't turn against me'

Vinnie Jones: 'Public didn't turn against me'

Postby dutchman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm

Vinnie Jones has insisted that the public didn't turn against him.
The former footballer was an early favourite to win, but eventually finished in third place.

Speaking after the final, Vinnie explained that he still feels like "one of the public".

"I've done [the show] because it's been said to me lots of times that I'm the 'people's champion'," he revealed. "I've come from the building sites to probably the biggest TV show in Britain. I've played on some of the biggest stages of this country and I've done it for my fans.

"There was a big banner outside tonight with Leeds fans and Watford fans. I've come from the public and still regard myself as one of the public."

He added that he didn't like being booed but continued: "It is pantomime boos. I was sitting there and I looked around and I arguably had more banners than everybody. Leeds fans, Watford fans, all with banners saying, 'Vinnie, we love you'."

Vinnie also dismissed suggestions that he hadn't won because the public had turned against him.

"They haven't turned against me," he said. "We've turned Alex around. Alex has shone through and he's been fantastic."
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)