Housemates stage vacuum cleaner protest

Housemates stage vacuum cleaner protest

Postby dutchman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Housemates earlier threatened that tonight's eviction would not go ahead unless they had access to a better vacuum cleaner.
Stephen rounded up the housemates and staged a vote this morning.

"We've asked for a proper Hoover. Would everyone like one?" the Channel 4 website quotes him as saying.

"Everyone should now go in [the bedroom] and get what they need until Sunday, then we prop this door open so we have access to the shower.

"Then between now and Sunday, they can't close off the kitchen and we sit right here and tell them we don't participate in tonight's episode."

He continued: "We're agreeing to sit here and refuse to give you your show tonight, because you haven't given us a proper Hoover for whatever reason.

"Watch how fast you get a Hoover if we really, in solidarity, we do that."

Housemates were provided with a better vacuum cleaner later in the day.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Housemates stage vacuum cleaner protest

Postby pollyanna » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:06 am

I watched some of this programme last night - and maybe it's just me - but I've never seen such rubbish - I understand it's the last BB :begging:
Anyone else watching??????

The tv is being taken over by these so-called celebrity reality shows - such a shame - we could do with some good comedies and entertainment programmes.
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:51 am

Good morning my dear and how is life treating you in this balmy climate we are ensconced in
Not one for Tv and the ancilliary rubbish
If they did not pay these Tv suits exhorbitant salaries & expenses, they would be able to schedule Tv as it should be but the Matriach (her that must be obeyed) says it in more forceful style :censored:
Have a good and rewarding day dear

Steviexxx
StevieG

Postby pollyanna » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:03 am

Life is treating me well Stevie thankyou and good day to you too.

I don't watch too much tv - find it harder and harder to find anything worth watching - apart from Corrie of course - but I missed it last night :(

It's chucking it down here - and I'm pleased to say that after 5 weeks the snow has finally gone - yippee!!!!!

Off to a party today for the more senior members of the town :oops: all paid for by a local charity - free entertainment with drinks and fish & chips to boot - can't be bad :thumbsup:

Enjoy your w/end.
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:50 am

What a hectic social life you lead my dear ;)
Sounds like you are going to have a good Senior Citizens soiree and hope you enjoy it as also the rest of the people concerned :thumbsup:
What facilities are there for the Sen Citizens in your area ie coffee/tea meets, outings etc. as there are a lot of lonely people out there who enjoy contact with other people in the same boat.
The family,especially the Matriarch, got me involved some time ago with an OAPs group that they formed in the area inasmuch that I have the pleasure of giving something back to people who are less fortunate and appreciate what is done for them. We now have a committee who plan things for them and the use FOC of a church hall,where we organise what they want, never played so much bingo in my life and help out with calling ie kellys eye ,legs eleven and we have a right laugh when some old dear shouts House and she has only filled in half the card so consolation prize is the order of the day like a night out with one of The Chippendales :rolling:
We had a Xmas party for them and Ye Gods we had to replenish the booze halfway through the night :shock: but the lads ferried the bodies home and put them to bed :oops: but they were out the following day shopping as though nothing untoward had happened so I dread to think what stories they were telling about the party.
Have a family birthday tonight and that will be the normal riot as usually so am disappearing now before the Matriarch starts giving the orders .
You take care Pollyanna and have a nip at the party for me and I will do the same at the do tonight

Steviexxxx
StevieG

Postby pollyanna » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:56 pm

There's a great social life out there for us seniors. I found the best thing was to joins loads of clubs then decide which ones you really wanted to belong to - hence I've dropped 2 or 3 out now and stick with the ones I'll get the most enjoyment from. You're right - there's a lot of lonely folks out there - but there's no need to be - even McDonalds run a coffee morning with bingo - haven't resorted to that one yet tho!!! The biggest mistake people make is to give up driving - and they become isolated.

We also have social events where I live and I always try to support them. It was a good afternoon out today - and they even provided transport for anyone who needed it.

You sound like you have a pretty busy social life too Stevie - and enjoy your party tonight :thumbsup: . xx
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 am

pollyanna wrote:There's a great social life out there for us seniors. I found the best thing was to joins loads of clubs then decide which ones you really wanted to belong to - hence I've dropped 2 or 3 out now and stick with the ones I'll get the most enjoyment from.
You're right - there's a lot of lonely folks out there - but there's no need to be - even McDonalds run a coffee morning with bingo - haven't resorted to that one yet tho!!! The biggest mistake people make is to give up driving - and they become isolated.

We also have social events where I live and I always try to support them. It was a good afternoon out today - and they even provided transport for anyone who needed it.

You sound like you have a pretty busy social life too Stevie - and enjoy your party tonight :thumbsup: . xx

That is the attitude I love to see where you are not sticking in the house and getting out with people of the same mind and I wish other OAPs would do the same and they would realise what they are missing.
When the Matriarch got the local club up and running, she had a bit of a job recruiting but she saw the local clergy and got them to advertise the idea in church and by personal contact and I was amazed that it worked inasmuch that the members are asking committee and me what is planned for the year :shock: and our reply is " What would you like to do and if it is feasible, we will put forward your ideas at Comm. meeting " and they know it will happen so we are over the moon that they realise we are there for them and not just idle talk.
Had a quiet party last night :rolling: and the hall we used looked like an explosion had occured but everybody enjoyed it and are checking the calendars for the next family birthday or excuse for a Ho-Down :lol:
Have a nice relaxing day dear, I think you deserve it and the Matriarch says "You are a person in her book that it is a realist and now that you are retired, go for it" ;)
StevieG

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)