'Britain's Got Talent' Les Gibson, James Hobley in final

'Britain's Got Talent' Les Gibson, James Hobley in final

Postby dutchman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Impressionist Les Gibson and dancer James Hobley have reached the Britain's Got Talent final.

Hobley, Aeolian Chimes - also known as Gay and Alan Cooper - and Gibson were named as the top three acts after the public vote.

Gibson was then revealed by Ant & Dec to have topped the phone-in, with the 41-year-old telling the presenters: "It feels fantastic. I'd just like to thank everyone... It's just an overwhelming feeling. Thanks judges for the comments."

He went on to promise "something a bit different" for Saturday's final.

When the remaining acts went to the judges' vote, David Hasselhoff told Hobley that he is an "absolute inspiration", before adding that his vote was "absolutely James".

Michael McIntyre admitted that he is "a little bit obsessed" with the 11-year-old dancer, but said of Gay and Alan's performance: "Watching it back, I found it far more entertaining." However, the comedian gave his voted to Hobley.

Moving on to Amanda Holden, the actress told Gay and Alan that they had "stepped up since [the] audition", while she praised Hobley as "a beautiful dancer". Highlighting the top prize in the competition - a chance to perform for the royal family - Holden said that she would select the act that she felt the Queen would want to see, choosing bell ringers Gay and Alan.

Casting the deciding vote, Cowell said: "I'm going to take everything back to planet earth. And on planet earth, our royal family would like to see James."

As Hobley thanked the judges and people for voting for him, Gay and Alan told Ant & Dec: "We've really enjoyed it and we couldn't have lost to a better contestant than James."

Closing the show, it was also revealed that tomorrow evening will see a big announcement regarding this year's final, which takes place on Saturday.

Britain's Got Talent continues with a fourth semi-final tomorrow on ITV1 at 7.30pm.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)