Model Katie Price quits I'm A Celebrity

Model Katie Price quits I'm A Celebrity

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Model Katie Price has walked out of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! after a week on the ITV show.

Viewers of the programme, which is set in the Australian jungle, have voted repeatedly for the former model to be put to the test in "bushtucker" trials.

Explaining her decision to leave, Price said: "It's not about the money, it's not about winning for me - I just don't want to be here any more."

A spokesman said there were "no current plans" to replace Price on the show.

The 31-year-old added: "I really miss my kids, I've done my challenges and people can see that I'm genuine."

'Closure'

On Sunday, when Price was picked for another trial involving a snake pit, she told her campmates: "Someone else will have to do it - I'm just not doing it any more."

"I don't need to be here, I've done my bit. I'm not in it to win it - it makes no odds to me career-wise if I win or lose."

Price, also known as glamour model Jordan, had begged viewers to stop nominating her for tasks.

But on hearing she had been chosen again, she said: "I suppose you get into a routine.

"The routine is I go out to work to bring back the food... I'm the breadwinner."

The 31-year-old returned to the Australian jungle last week, five years after first appearing on the programme.

She said she hoped it would bring "closure" to her relationship with ex-husband Peter Andre, with whom she became close while appearing on the show.

Meanwhile, Andre wrote in New! magazine that he has not watched Price in the jungle.

He said: "I know everyone is desperate to know what I think of I'm A Celebrity this year, but I swear on my life I have not watched one episode.

"I know if I do watch it, people will ask me what I think all the time! The kids haven't seen it either, as it's on far too late for them," he added.

Price is the second celebrity to quit the show - former Strictly Come Dancing dancer Camilla Dallerup left after a matter of days after struggling to cope with the lack of food and sleep.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Model Katie Price quits I'm A Celebrity

Postby redrum » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 pm

If ever a person has a personality complex, it is this woman. I would not be surprised if she stands as an MP in General Election next year :lol: :thumbsup:
redrum

Re: Model Katie Price quits I'm A Celebrity

Postby pollyanna » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Many a true word spoken in jest redrum :!:

I don't believe she ever intended to stay till the end :roll:
pollyanna

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)