'X Factor' charity single reaches No. 1

'X Factor' charity single reaches No. 1

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 pm

The X Factor finalists have reached number one in the UK singles chart with 'You Are Not Alone'.

The track, in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital, sold over 193,000 copies and is the second-highest selling single of the year so far.

Last year's X Factor charity single, 'Hero', eventually raised over £1m for Help The Heroes.

Judge Simon Cowell told the Official Charts Company: "I'm very proud of the single and I really hope it raises an enormous amount of money for people who really need our help."

Fellow judge Dannii Minogue said that she was "delighted" with the news, while Louis Walsh said it was "fantastic" and joked: "And it means John and Edward have got their first, hopefully of many, number ones!"
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: 'X Factor' charity single reaches No. 1

Postby pollyanna » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:10 pm

I for one won't be rushing out to buy it - but I hope it raises plenty of money for Great Ormond Street :thumbsup:
pollyanna

Re: 'X Factor' charity single reaches No. 1

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:31 pm

It's a terrible record Polly, I change channels as soon as it comes on. I don't think there's a spark of talent between any of the finalists.

BTW the proceeds from the sale of every Peter Pan-related product also goes to Great Ormand Street Hospital.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)