John & Edward voted off 'The X Factor'

John & Edward voted off 'The X Factor'

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:12 pm

John & Edward have become the seventh act to be voted off The X Factor.

The twins found themselves in the bottom two alongside Olly Murs in the public vote. Both acts then had to perform a song of their choice to persuade the judges to keep them in the competition.

John & Edward were first to perform, and decided to sing Boyzone's 'No Matter What'. Murs followed with a rendition of 'Wonderful Tonight' by Eric Clapton.

After their performances, the judges had to decide who to send home. Simon Cowell was first to vote and sent home John & Edward to save his own act, Olly Murs. However, he added that he would "miss" the twins if they went home.

Cheryl Cole was next and, with tears in her eyes, said: "Boys, I've really loved you over the last few weeks, kisses, I'm sad to see you go, but the act I have to send home tonight is John & Edward."

Louis Walsh followed and explained: "I can't believe Olly is in the bottom two and Lloyd's still here. It's unbelievable. But I'm sticking with my act and sending home Olly."

Dannii Minogue had the final vote and asked the rest of the judges whether they were voting on a singing competition.

"I need to know the answer," she said. "OK. I'm going to have to judge it how I've judged it the whole time. We will miss you guys, but on the premise it's a singing competition, I have to send home John & Edward."

After making the decision, the judges gave the brothers a standing ovation.

Meanwhile, the twins said that Murs deserved to go through to the next round and added that they were backing him and Stacey Solomon.

"It's been the greatest experience of our life here," they said. "Every single weekend being on live TV and having the time of our lives. It's the coolest place to be in the world."

Their mentor Louis Walsh said: "I've had the best time working with these boys. I feel young again and we've had an amazing time. I'm so glad I put them through and I'd like to thank the other judges for helping me."

The X Factor continues next Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: John & Edward voted off 'The X Factor'

Postby pollyanna » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:08 pm

I was unfortunate enough to actually see these two on tv on Sat. evening. Until then I thought it was one person :shock: It's just been announced on the radio that they could become millionaires - not for bad for a couple of kids who can't sing :|
pollyanna

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)