Kerry Katona skates out of 'Dancing On Ice'

Kerry Katona skates out of 'Dancing On Ice'

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Kerry Katona has become the ninth celebrity to leave Dancing On Ice after failing to impress in the 'Ultimate Skills Test'.

The reality TV personality, who openly acknowledged the likelihood of elimination earlier tonight, landed in the bottom two alongside Jeff Brazier after the public vote and judges' scores were combined.

The I'm A Celebrity winner almost came crashing to the ice after slipping out of a lift during her skate-off routine, a final error which ultimately led judges Jason Gardiner, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins to unanimously save Brazier.

While casting their votes, the judges variously described Brazier as "brilliant" and giving "one of the best performances of the night", but only urged Katona to enjoy a holiday she had booked in anticipation of her exit.

Stepping off the rink, Katona tearfully thanked everyone on the show - from hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby to the Dancing On Ice medics - for the opportunity to turn her troubled life around.

She said: "You know what, we all know I'm not the best, but it's been an absolute honour... it's been more than a skating competition.

"A big thank you for the public to give me that second chance. My kids are proud... I've enjoyed it."

Meanwhile, Katona's professional partner Daniel Whiston stated: "It's been a journey, I've learnt a lot about myself. Kerry's been a brilliant friend, and to me, Kerry's my winner."

Dancing On Ice returns next Sunday at 6.35pm on ITV1.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)