'Comedy' Dave Vitty is voted off 'Dancing On Ice...

'Comedy' Dave Vitty is voted off 'Dancing On Ice...

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 pm

'Comedy' Dave Vitty has become the eighth celebrity to leave Dancing On Ice.

The radio star did battle with Kerry Katona after they finished bottom of the leaderboard when judges' scores and viewer votes for their 'Night At The Theatre' performances were combined.

With the skate-off complete, hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby turned to the judges' panel to decide who would be eliminated.

First was a clearly torn Emma Bunton, who had championed Vitty's comedic routines all throughout the series.

"I found this very difficult and I still can't quite believe I'm doing this," she said, before saving Katona based on the strength of her skate-off performance.

Next up to vote was Robin Cousins, who declared: "Kerry, it was a much much stronger performance, Dave, some of it was messy, but the jumps were better." After describing the vote as a "toss up", Cousins eventually decided to save Vitty, who he saw as the more natural skater.

With the panel tied, the deciding vote fell to Jason Gardiner, who rated Katona's performance above Vitty's, thereby sending him home.

The result revealed, Vitty joked with Schofield and Willoughby that his professional partner Frankie Poultney had warned him to expect numerous skate-off showdowns.

"I'm gutted, obviously, but I know I'm not one of the best skaters in this competition," he conceded. "It's been a real privilege to have Frankie as a partner. I've had such a good time, thank you so much."

Dancing On Ice returns next Sunday with the 'Ultimate Skills Test" at 6.35pm on ITV1.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)