Metcalfe makes shock 'Dancing On Ice' exit

Metcalfe makes shock 'Dancing On Ice' exit

Postby dutchman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:32 am

Jennifer Metcalfe has become the seventh celebrity to leave Dancing On Ice after a "shock" vote.

The Hollyoaks actress and rapper Vanilla Ice finished bottom of the leaderboard after audience members snubbed their performances in tonight's Las Vegas-themed show, which saw the celebrities face a skills test for the first time in the form of a challenging stepping sequence.

Following an impressive final skate-off, judges Jason Gardiner, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins all argued that neither of the unlucky duo should be facing elimination tonight.

However, when the votes were cast, all three panelists opted to save Vanilla Ice, with Gardiner adding that the musician put "more personality in [his] performance" and Cousins clarifying that his decision was based entirely on the skate-off.

Her exit decided, Metcalfe began to break down in tears as her professional partner Sylvain Longchambon attempted to comfort her.

"I can't really speak," she spluttered. "I just wanted to get further for him, he's put so much time into me."

Clearly stunned by the public's decision, Christopher Dean openly lamented the loss of one of the competition's strongest skaters.

"[She had] so much more to give, Jen was really coming into her own. The togetherness they were giving us was fantastic."

Dean's sentiments about Metcalfe were shared by the show's host Phillip Schofield, who commented that he simply couldn't "figure out what happened tonight".

Dancing On Ice returns for a "night at the theatre" next Sunday at 6.35pm on ITV1.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)