David James exits Strictly Come Dancing 2019...

David James exits Strictly Come Dancing 2019...

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:41 pm

The dance off claims another Strictly couple

Not even the return of Alfonso Ribeiro on the judging panel could stop the inevitable, and Strictly Come Dancing has said goodbye to another celebrity tonight (October 20).

With the nation still reeling from Dev Griffin and Dianne Buswell's exit last week, Strictly returned last night and delivered Cha Chas, Salsas and Rumbas aplenty, but someone had to leave the competition and this week it was David James and Nadiya Bychkova who didn't quite manage to impress the judges.

David and Nadiya found themselves in the dance off against BBC Breakfast presenter Mike Bushell and his professional partner Katya Jones tonight, but after they performed their Jive again the judges unanimously opted to save Mike and Katya instead.

"Well for me both couples were pretty much technically equal but the couple who I'd like to save were the most confident performers and that was Mike and Katya," Craig Revel Horwood explained, with Motsi adding that Mike and Katya gave her "a better performance than I saw the first time".

"The couple who I'm going to save put on a great show," Alfonso added. "The technique wasn't there but they came out and delivered a showstopper for the audience to love so I'm going to save Mike and Katya."

Head judge Shirley Ballas also added that she agreed with her fellow judges, and would have also saved Mike and Katya.

Speaking about his time on the show, David explained that he had loved the experience, but couldn't help but feel like he'd let Nadiya down.

"Oh I've loved it," he told Tess. "I feel so bad I've let Nadiya down in a sense. I've enjoyed it but I've put some weight on though."

Thankfully, Nadiya doesn't feel the same way, sharing that she's "so proud" of David and everything he's achieved on the show.

"He's done so well. I'm so proud of you," she said. "From the first day he couldn't lift his elbows up or stand straight and now he's delivered such an amazing jive. I'm so proud."

As he reflected on his highlights, David also gave a special shout-out to his co-star Will Bayley, whose emotional dance last night left Motsi Mabuse (and many viewers) in tears.

"Having the best partner and the guys up there. Everyone's lovely," he said. "Just a word to Will: I think I work hard, but, man, that guy puts a shift in."

The remaining eleven couples will take to the dancefloor again next week when Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday, October 26 at 6.35pm.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)