Strictly's Len Goodman says he "doesn't even recognise" some of the celebrities on the show

Strictly's Len Goodman says he "doesn't even recognise" some of the celebrities on the show

Postby dutchman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:41 pm

And has no regrets about leaving the judging panel

While we all wait for the next announcement confirming yet another celebrity added to the Strictly Come Dancing 2017 line-up, former judge and – let's face it – legend Len Goodman has thrown his two pence in.

Speaking to the Radio Times, the 73-year-old, who is hosting a new BBC One family show called Partners in Rhyme, said: "Totally honest: some of the celebrities we had on the show I didn't actually recognise at first.

"There are so many now. So many celebrities!"

Adding that he has no regrets about leaving the show, he went on: "No I did not, because I had a wonderful time doing Strictly.

"I got such a wonderful farewell. I would much rather have, 'Oh, we're going to miss you, Len, you've been great on it,' than, 'Thank God he's going!' The majority of people have been very nice."

The contestants unveiled so far for this year's series are JLS's Aston Merrygold, Holby City's Joe McFadden, Sunday Brunch chef Simon Rimmer and BBC Radio 4 host Reverend Richard Coles.

Last week, Emmerdale's Gemma Atkinson, This Morning's Ruth Langsford, EastEnders star Davood Ghadami and The Saturdays singer Mollie King were also confirmed.

A recent first-look image also showed series newcomers Amy Dowden, Dianne Buswell and Nadiya Bychkova in action, having been unveiled as the replacements for Natalie Lowe, Oksana Platero and reigning champion Joanne Clifton, who have all departed the ballroom series.

According to audience members, Goodman looked distinctly uncomfortable with a judging decision he was forced to make by BBC bosses last year. The sequence was re-edited by the BBC before being broadcast the following evening.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Strictly's Len Goodman says he "doesn't even recognise" some of the celebrities on the show

Postby rebbonk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Bit ripe coming from someone many had never heard of before he joined the panel. :stir:
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)