The Great Celebrity Bake Off viewers fall in love with David Schwimmer

The Great Celebrity Bake Off viewers fall in love with David Schwimmer

Postby dutchman » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:51 am

The one where Ross wins Star Baker

The Great Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up To Cancer featured everyone's favourite friend David Schwimmer and fans fell in love with him all over again as he marched to a triumphant victory on the Bake Off special.

David Schwimmer, who played Ross Gellar in Friends, was joined by Jesy Nelson, Rose Matafeo and Tom Davis for the opening episode and he immediately became a fan-favourite.

Schwimmer earned an elusive handshake from Paul Hollywood for his tofu pie, which sent the actor over the edge as he told viewers he knew how special those handshakes were.

Schwimmer was then awarded top spot in the blind taste test for his macarons as they were — by default — better than the other competitors' attempts.

"I think I just got lucky. I’m really happy and exhausted. I think... I’m going to go to bed," he said after winning that round.

The celebrities then had to make a 3D meringue showstopper based on their biggest fail and Schwimmer chose to do it on the time when he got a line wrong on stage. Instead of saying "rabble," he said "rabbit." Subsequently, he made a giant meringue rabbit showstopper.

His meringue masterpiece didn't exactly go as planned though as the rabbit snapped, so he improvised and made a "surreal sculpture." The sculpture worked as Paul complimented him on the flavours and artistry.

Later, Schwimmer was crowned Star Baker. "What a lovely, lovely thing to do. I’ve been watching for many years," he said. "It doesn’t get better than this. I’m inspired now to do more, I really am."

The Great Celebrity Bake Off continues on Channel 4 on Sunday, March 26 at 7.40pm where Gemma Collins, Tim Key, Jessica Hynes and AJ Odudu will fight it out to become Star Baker.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)