Dancing on Ice axes skate-off in huge format change for Sunday night's show

Dancing on Ice axes skate-off in huge format change for Sunday night's show

Postby dutchman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:11 am

Though the show will go back to normal next week

While we're used to watching the bottom two couples battle it out before one is eliminated, the show is set to scrap the skate-off altogether.

Instead, this weekend's episode will see all the show's couples scored by the judges, before being combined with the public's vote as usual. Then, the lowest-scoring pair will be sent home.

However, fear not as the following weekend's show will return to the usual format, with two couples once again facing the skate-off.

Last weekend's episode saw former England footballer John Fashanu become the first celebrity to be eliminated from Dancing on Ice's 2023 run, after he and dance partner Alexandra Schauman lost a skate-off against Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu and Brendyn Hatfield.

Speaking after his elimination, John said: "It has been great. It has been wonderful. FA Cup final again."

Asked whether he would continue skating, the star replied: "Oh yes, yes I shall carry on skating, and who knows, I might even start teaching it."

Meanwhile, fellow contestant Carley Stenson has opened up about the hardest part of being on Dancing on Ice, admitting that being away from her daughter Skye has been tough.

"I feel awful when I'm not with her. Mum guilt is real – it's part of my DNA now," she told Hello! magazine.

"I remember my first day back to work, when Skye had a rash. I got off the Tube and I could have gone left to work or right to go home, and I had to ring my mum and say, 'Please tell me what to do'. It was horrible."

She added: "But I knew Skye was with my mother-in-law, who is a nurse, so she could not have been in better hands."

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Dancing on Ice axes skate-off in huge format change for Sunday night's show

Postby dutchman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:14 am

In other words it's been rigged to keep the producer's favourite and viewer's least favourite contestant in the show for as long as possible.

The same as Strictly. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)