I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! crowns this year's winner...

I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! crowns this year's winner...

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:31 am

Who is this year's King or Queen of the jungle?

I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! has crowned this year's winner and the new Queen of the jungle is England footballer Jill Scott.

Tonight's final saw Hollyoaks star Owen Warner come in as runner-up and MP Matt Hancock finish in third place.

Hosts Ant and Dec revealed that there were over 12 million votes cast since yesterday and that "most of them" were for Jill, who was stunned to be crowned by fellow campmate Mike Tindall.

Before the crowning happened, the finalists had their final trials to get through first, and these are always entertaining, but this year there was a twist: the other finalists got to watch each other take part in the classic Bushtucker Trials.

Jill was playing for starters for the three of them, plus a drink and a treat for herself, but to do it she had to do the classic Bushtucker Trial Rat Race.

She had to lie in a box and release the stars using just her mouth, all while tackling rats, mealworms and cockroaches.

Up next was Owen who was on to win the group's main courses, as well as a drink and a treat for himself. He had to endure Bushtucker Bonanza, which is the eating trial featuring five disgusting dishes, which he managed to complete.

Finally, Matt took on Flood Your Face, which involved his head being encased in a tank filled with water and all the usual jungle critters. He earned the camp their desserts, as well as a drink and treat for himself.

Back to the live show, when Matt was announced as finishing in third place, Ant and Dec talked about his role in camp and how he was perceived by his campmates.

He said: "I just wanted to show what I'm like as a person. Lots of people come to me with pre-conceived ideas, for obvious reasons, and I just wanted to be myself.

"But I also actually strongly believe that for politicians as a whole. We don't come across as human enough and this is probably the most extreme way of showing who you are."

Then Jill and Owen came out for a chat with the hosts and Jill said she loved her time in camp.

She said she felt she really fit in with everyone and she liked that she was able to muck in and do things around the camp, especially for the past eight days when she has been the only woman in there.

"I still had to do stuff. I still had to get the water, the logs, empty the dunny. But it was good."

Owen said that he'd been on a bit of a journey in the camp and despite really struggling at times, he said that it's allowed him to be more comfortable with himself.

"When you're really at a low point, you really learn what you're made of, and in there I was really struggling."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)