All Star Musicals crowns this year's celebrity champion

All Star Musicals crowns this year's celebrity champion

Postby dutchman » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:50 pm

"I signed up because I knew it would be so much fun taking part, and it hasn't disappointed"

All Star Musicals saw famous faces take to the stage to perform their favourite musical theatre songs, mentored by three stars of the stage, and hosted by John Barrowman.

Theatre legend Elaine Paige, Samantha Barks, who is currently playing Elsa in Frozen The Musical, and Hamilton and Aladdin star Trevor Dion Nicholas were all on hand to offer their advice before the stars took to the stage.

Out of the six celebrities to take part in the show, it was Good Morning Britain's weather presenter Alex Beresford who was crowned champion with his pretty impressive performance of 'My Shot' from Hamilton.

After he was given a lovely trophy to pop on a shelf in his house, Alex admitted it felt "absolutely amazing" to have won the show.

"It feels absolutely amazing. I didn't sign up to do All Star Musicals to win. I signed up because I knew it would be so much fun taking part, and it hasn't disappointed. And everyone behind me is also a deserving winner and you guys have made it special."

The other celebrities who took part included wildlife TV presenter Michaela Strachan, who got out her old tap shoes for a performance from 42nd Street.

Coronation Street star Lisa George belted out 'Maybe This Time' made famous by Liza Minnelli in Cabaret, and James Bond actor Colin Salmon did a cracking job of 'Master of the House' from Les Misérables.

Rugby player Danny Care sang 'Come Alive' from The Greatest Showman, and former EastEnders actress Jacqueline Jossa sang 'Let it Go' from Frozen.

After the show, Alex revealed that should they come calling, Hamilton would be his dream show to work on.

"No one has been in touch yet. I don't know if it is a 'Don't call us, we will call you' situation. But my phone is on loud, that is all I have to say!

"I think it is Karl that plays Hamilton. Karl Queensborough. If he needs a night off or he gets tired and wants me to come and perform one song so that he can just catch a breath or catch a break, I am happy to step in on stage and perform 'My Shot'.

All Star Musicals is available to watch now on ITV and ITV Hub.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)